[llvm-dev] I am leaving llvm

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 3 09:29:48 PDT 2018

Rafael,

I'm extremely sad to hear that you decided to leave the project. If you
already set your mind, I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to
you. You are the first person to advocate the current lld design and
encourage me to continue developing it. I don't think I can express how I
felt about it at the time in this email. You are also one of the best
programmers I've ever worked with. We've worked together in the past few
years to make a great product, and we have succeeded in making lld
something that people really want to use. Today, we have a lot of companies
using our linker. Lots of big name open-source projects have migrated/are
migrating to lld. That wouldn't have happened without you. You are my
super-star programmer. I'll miss you.

Rui