[llvm-dev] Seeking Outreachy internship project proposals

Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 9 11:49:14 PST 2018

LLVM is participating in the Outreachy May 2018 to August 2018 internships. We are seeking mentors to propose projects that Outreachy interns can work on during their internship. For our first time with this program, the LLVM Foundation will be sponsoring 1 intern. Ideally we would like a few project proposals for applicants to pick from. These can range from entry level documentation projects to more technical.

Outreachy is a program that provides internships for people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech. Interns are paid a stipend of $5,500 for a three month internship. The internship is completely remote, and interns come from around the world. Interns work one-on-one with a mentor from Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) communities. The internship projects range from programming, user experience, documentation, illustration and graphical design, to data science. Interns have $500 travel stipend available to use to attend tech events. Many interns use the travel stipend to network and find a job. Interns often find employment after their internship with Outreachy sponsors or in jobs that use the skills they learned during their internship.

When the application period opens on Feb. 12, 2018, applicants will start making contributions to approved projects. Mentors should submit projects as soon as possible, but no later than two weeks before the Outreachy application period closes on March 22, 2018.

Full details about the Outreachy program, the internship timeline, and mentor duties and time commitments can be found on our community's Call for Participation page on the Outreachy website:

https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/llvm/ <https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/llvm/>
You may also contact me with any questions.

Thank you,
Tanya Lattner