[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2018] Request for review of GSoC proposal for "Improve debugging in optimized code"

Vedant Kumar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 26 13:05:12 PDT 2018

Hi Sagar,

> On Mar 25, 2018, at 11:42 PM, Sagar Thakur <sagar.thakur at students.iiit.ac.in> wrote:
>
> Hi Vedant,
>
> I am a first year M.Tech (computer science) student at IIIT Hyderabad. I am interested in working on two of the LLVM projects.
>
>    1. Improve debugging for optimized code.
>
>    2. Implement a single updater class for the dominator tree.
>
> I have merged both the proposals in a single document because the GSoC portal allows me to upload only one document for applying to LLVM.
>
> The proposal for "Implement a single updater class for the dominator tree" is under review by Jakub Kuderski.
>
> Could you please review the proposal for "Improve debugging for optimized code"?

It's great that you were able to diagnose a debug info issue in SCEVExpander. There are some known issues in this area. You might check whether https://reviews.llvm.org/D39985 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D39985> addresses the problem.

Thanks for sending in your proposal. It looks good to me overall.

best,
vedant