[llvm-dev] Entry for RetDec in http://llvm.org/ProjectsWithLLVM/

Oliver Schneider via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 7 00:52:07 PST 2018

Hi,

I wanted to propose another project that is based on LLVM for inclusion
on the http://llvm.org/ProjectsWithLLVM/ page.

Hope it qualifies and can be included. Below description is copied
verbatim from their website. I formatted it to follow the format of
entries on aforementioned page:

> RetDec
>
> by Avast
>
> RetDec is an open-source machine-code decompiler based on LLVM.
>
> The decompiler is not limited to any particular target architecture,
> operating system, or executable file format:
>
> Supported file formats: ELF, PE, Mach-O, COFF, AR (archive), Intel HEX,
> and raw machine code.
> Supported architectures (32b only): Intel x86, ARM, MIPS, PIC32, and
> PowerPC.
>
> https://retdec.com/ and https://github.com/avast-tl/retdec

It's licensed under the very liberal MIT license and there are (as of
this writing) a number of related projects to be found at
https://github.com/avast-tl ... such as an IDA plugin.

The LLVM version used by them, however, is a patched 3.9.1.

With best regards,

Oliver