[llvm-dev] Build files

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 25 07:02:22 PDT 2018

CMake can also generate Visual Studio project/solution files.  The documentation recommends the CMake GUI:
http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStartedVS.html
however you can also run CMake from the CMD shell if you prefer.  I have
        cmake –G "Visual Studio 14 Win64" –Thost=x64 ..\llvm-project\llvm
in my script, running on a 64-bit Windows PC with Visual Studio 2015 (aka version 14) installed.

I am unfamiliar with how the Visual Studio integration works, but I suspect you need to do the above and actually build the compiler first.
HTH,
--paulr