[llvm-dev] Using lnt to run SPEC tests: possible or not?

Kristof Beyls via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 20 00:02:42 PDT 2018

Hi Bill,

Yes, it is possible to run SPEC tests through LNT/test-suite.
You won’t get official reportable SPEC numbers as you don’t use the official build-and-run framework from SPEC, but OTOH you get the extra features in LNT/test-suite working out of the box, e.g. the ones documented at http://blog.llvm.org/2016/06/using-lnt-to-track-performance.html.

To make use of this, I think you need to use the cmake driver in the test-suite.
Which, if you use the LNT wrapper to drive runs, is invoked using “lnt runtest test-suite”.

A few example of the important options on the command line that I hope will get you started:

  *   Running SPEC2K6int reference inputs: lnt runtest test-suite --only-test=External/SPEC/CINT2006 --cmake-define TEST_SUITE_SPEC2006_ROOT=/work/Benchmark/spec2006 --cmake-define TEST_SUITE_RUN_TYPE=ref

  *   Running SPEC2K6int train inputs: lnt runtest test-suite --only-test=External/SPEC/CINT2006 --cmake-define TEST_SUITE_SPEC2006_ROOT=/work/Benchmark/spec2006 --cmake-define TEST_SUITE_RUN_TYPE=train
  *   Running SPEC2Kfp reference inputs:  lnt runtest test-suite --only-test=External/SPEC/CFP2000 --cmake-define TEST_SUITE_SPEC2000_ROOT=/work/Benchmark/spec2000 --cmake-define TEST_SUITE_RUN_TYPE=ref

Thanks,

Kristof