[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #232, June 11th 2018
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 11 13:51:07 PDT 2018
LLVM Weekly - #232, June 11th 2018
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the two hundred and thirty-second issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
The ISO C++ Committee meeting recently took place in Rapperswil, Switzerland.
Several committee members have shared a
The next LLVM Social in Shanghai has been
for July 1st.
[Zig](https://ziglang.org/) is an interesting LLVM-based language which has
been mentioned in LLVM Weekly previously, and aims to be a better C. The
author is moving to working full-time on Zig and is [seeking
## On the mailing lists
* Johannes Doerfert proposes [abstract parallel IR
in a new RFC.
* Hans Wennborg has proposed the [schedule for the 7.0.0
would see the branch taking place on 1st August with RC1 soon after, RC2
coming on the 22nd August, and the final tag on 5th September.
* Graham Hunter has shared an [updated
supporting SIMD instruction sets with variable vector lengths (e.g. SVE).
There is also a sub-thread discussing support for the RISC-V vector extension.
* Tanya Lattner is
booth volunteers for the Grace Hopper Conference in Houston in September.
* Brian Gesiak
current state of LLD support for Mach-O. The thread received a number of
responses from active LLD developers.
* Robin Eklind has created a [BNF grammar for LLVM IR
* Chijun Sima has shared an RFC on [a new dominator tree updater
* Fedor Sergeev has authored an RFC on [a new pass execution instrumentation
This aims to allow the easy implementation of facilities such as
`-print-after`, `-opt-bisect-limit`, etc. Importantly, it aims to be
compatible with the new pass manager.
* Masaki Arai is looking for feedback on an [RFC to port MachinePipeliner to
* Nicolai Hähnle is [drawing
recent work which generalizes the "searchable tables" backend of TableGen.
## LLVM commits
* An initial set of optimisation remarks has been added to the shrink-wrapping
* The SETCCE SelectionDAG node has been removed in favour of SETCCCARRY.
* The semantics of NAME in TableGen have been streamlined.
* Documentation was added for masked vector expanding load and compressing
store intrinsics. [r334075](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL334075).
* The 'li' pseudo instruction is now supported by the RISC-V MC assembly
## Clang commits
* Implementation of clang-doc continues with the introduction of the 'reducer'
portion of the frontend framework.
* Bittest intrinsics have been implemented generically for non-x86 platforms.
## Other project commits
* libFuzzer gained an initial implementation of `-data_flow_trace`.
* LLD now supports multi-GOT for MIPS. This allows large applications such as
LLVM+Clang to be linked. [r334390](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL334390).
More information about the llvm-dev