[llvm-dev] [LLD] Lack of REQUIRES causing test failures when not building with x86 support

Joel Jones via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 4 07:49:00 PDT 2018

If I build lld without x86 support (i.e. with "cmake -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=AArch64”) there are 117 tests that fail “make check-lld”. Upon examination, all are x86 related.

There are multiple (884) tests that have “REQUIRES:.*x86” in the tests directory. Was there a cunning plan regarding the use of REQUIRES that I couldn’t discern?

It seems that either 117 “REQUIRES” need to be added or 884 need to be removed.

Joel Jones