[llvm-dev] Checking when Register Allocation has been performed

Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 15 12:07:03 PST 2018

Hi LLVM Devs,

I have some shared code that performs lowering operations that can occur
before or after register allocation.  When it is pre-RA I want to only use
virtual registers for intermediate results, but post-RA I have to use only a
very restricted set of physical registers.

Code generation using the restricted set is not as efficient as it is when I
can use virtual registers.  At the moment I have a clunky implementation for
checking whether or not the register allocator has been run, and I am
wondering if there is a "correct way" of checking whether the RA pass has
been run?  Some part of the register info API that I have missed perhaps?

Thanks,

            MartinO