[llvm-dev] ABI change in LLVM 7.0.x release

Tom Stellard via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 5 11:39:28 PST 2018

On 12/05/2018 02:06 AM, Jacob Lifshay wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018, 10:43 Tom Stellard via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org <mailto:llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>     I am proposing that we hold this fix out of 7.0.1 and instead ship it in
>     a special 7.0.2 (or maybe 7.1.0 ?) release, so that users that want to
>     are still able to get all the bug-fixes without the ABI changes.
> I think we should go with 7.1.0 instead of 7.0.2, since 7.1.0 looks unusual as opposed to 7.0.2, which looks like business as usual. This will help people to notice that the ABI changed.

This was my initial thought as well, but I'm not sure if this is technically
possible with our current system.  The shared object only contains the
major version in its name, so we would need some other changes.  I can look
into how feasible this would be.


>     How does this sound to everyone?
> Sounds reasonable to me.
> Jacob Lifshay

More information about the llvm-dev mailing list