[llvm-dev] [Unsafe-fp-math] Merge attribute for inlining

Yan Luo via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 4 13:47:14 PST 2018

Thanks!

From: Finkel, Hal J. [mailto:hfinkel at anl.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 1:44 PM
To: Yan Luo <yan.luo2 at synopsys.com>; llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Subject: Re: [llvm-dev] [Unsafe-fp-math] Merge attribute for inlining

On 12/4/18 3:28 PM, Yan Luo wrote:
Hal,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to understand the underlying concern. That means the inlining of a callee without unsafe-fp-math attribute set will block the unsafe optimization in its caller, right?

That may have been true. In recent times, we have per-instruction fast-math attributes, so the unsafe-fp-math setting isn't the controlling factor.

 -Hal

Thanks,
Yan