[llvm-dev] (Question regarding the) incomplete "builtins library" of "Compiler-RT"

Stefan Kanthak via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 1 09:02:47 PST 2018

According to <https://compiler-rt.llvm.org/index.html>

| builtins - a simple library that provides an implementation of
| the low-level target-specific hooks required by code generation
| and other runtime components. ...

these routines SHOULD but be part of the builtins library.

EITHER document the implementation,
OR implement according to the documentation,
PLEASE!

tertium datur: document the exceptions from the general rule cited
above.

regards
Stefan Kanthak

PS: if you are interested, I can provide an implementation of _aulldiv
    and friends, which I derived from __divdi3 etc.
    They are about 3-4 times faster than the routines from the MSVC
    runtime.