[llvm-dev] LLVM/Clang/Compiler-RT tarballs version 7.0.0rc2

Jonas Hahnfeld via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 27 01:30:36 PDT 2018

On 2018-08-27 09:44, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> Yeah, I see.
> You have an unusual development process seen from my POV.

GNOME does the same, to pick one example:
https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointTwentynine
Tarballs are due on Monday, official release and announcement are on
Wednesday.

> IMHO you can provide the tarballs before the "binaries" are uploaded
> which means "prebuilt binaries".
> That could increase the quality of developing when different arch/os
> maintainers give their OK.

We had that discussion, please see older threads: It's just that there
is some internal testing before uploading the tarballs for "public"
testing.
For rc1 tagging was on August 3rd, upload of the tarballs on August 7th.

> But for 7.0.0rc1 I see only prebuilt binaries for...
>
> * macOS
> * FreeBSD10 AMD64
> * Windows (32-bit)
> * Windows (64-bit)

clang+llvm-7.0.0-rc1-x86_64-linux-sles12.3.tar.xz is missing, probably
an oversight. [ CC Hans ]

> So giving an OK on different platforms than above listen ones is done
> via email?
> I mean without providing prebuilt binaries?

Yes, there are some downstream projects and distributions reporting test
results and possibly uploading the binaries to different
infrastructures.
For example packages for Debian and Ubuntu live at http://apt.llvm.org/.

Jonas

>>> https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-branch-commits/2018-August/date.html