[llvm-dev] [LLVM/Clang v3.8.1] Missing Git branches/tags and source-tarballs?

Sedat Dilek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jun 26 01:45:08 PDT 2016

Hi Tom, Hi Anton,

the first I had in mind was...
"Another (LLVM/CLang) realease - a new drama!"
( See Byron Katie "The work". )

I know SVN is your 1st development platform.
Personally, I prefer Git and use the LLVM/Clang mirrors on GitHub.

Unfortunately, I am missing a "release_381" branch at all on the
GitHub repositories.

I looked through the llvm-commits [1] and I only see two emails with
the subject...

"Creating release candidate final from release_381 branch"

[test-suite] r273407 - Creating release candidate final from
release_381 branch   Tom Stellard via llvm-commits
[lld] r273414 - Creating release candidate final from release_381
branch   Tom Stellard via llvm-commits

So, how should I know which is the corresponding SVN-commit-id for
tagging myself in my local [llvm | clang | compiler-rt]
Git-repositories?

Which files have to be changed to get a correct version-string when
invoking "clang -v" or 'clang --version" (here: "3.8.1")?
( I had that problem with "3.8.0rc3" in my local Git repos, I got
displayed "3.8.0" as a version-string )

Do you have source-tarballs released?
If yes, can you point me to a URL?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Regards,
- Sedat -

[1] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20160620/author.html#start