[llvm-dev] Aliasing of pointers from different address spaces

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 26 10:50:13 PDT 2018

Hi, Elena,

You're correct. We do assume that pointers in different address spaces
can alias.

Targets can add their own AA pass into the AA query chain, and one of
the things such analysis passes can do account for target-specific
knowledge of address-space semantics. For example, see
lib/Target/AMDGPU/AMDGPUAliasAnalysis.cpp

 -Hal

On 04/26/2018 07:56 AM, Demikhovsky, Elena via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I configure address spaces aliasing for my specific target?
> I found this discussion
> (_https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/llvm-dev/0ZbzzN6t05o_
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21topic/llvm-dev/0ZbzzN6t05o>) ,
> where James says “pointers in different address spaces cannot alias”,
> but it is not what I see in the code.
> I looked for a way to customize address spaces separation in Target,
> but I can’t find.
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks.
>

>   * */Elena/*