[llvm-dev] Errors linking with LLVM 5.0 - dump() missing

Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 25 12:35:53 PDT 2017

Hi Dibyendu,

Are you building a Debug or Release version of the compiler?

I had similar problems a few days ago when I was migrating to v5.0, and it turned out that I had calls to some of the dump routines that were not guarded by either 'DEBUG(...)' or '#ifndef NDEBUG ... #endif' and I was seeing the link failures with a Release build.  These had been there since LLVM v3.1 and had never broken before.  There was some clean-up done in the sources so that may of the 'dump' routines are enabled only for Debug builds, and I fixed these (in my code) by adding these guards.

All the best,

	MartinO