[llvm-dev] Describing subreg load for vectors without using vector_insert

Saurabh Verma via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 19 08:26:48 PDT 2017

Hi,

We are using a vector_insert in our target, to describe an instruction
performing a lane-load of a vector register as:

set $dstReg, (vector_insert $dstReg, (load $addr)), imm:$lane)

However, this means that the dstReg is also marked as used in the
instruction, which we do not want. We can do a direct lane-load to a part
of the vector register without disturbing the rest, and hence would like to
do a subregister-load.

Is there a way to achieve that?

Best regards
Saurabh