[llvm-dev] Minimal glibc version supported by LLVM build

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 4 11:17:11 PDT 2017

+ Rui, the patch author

Do we know what the oldest glibc which works with this patch is?

For context, the most recent REHL 5 ships with glibc 2.5.  REHL 6 ships
with 2.12 and REHL ships with 2.17.  I have evidence that this breaks at
least on Centos 6.4 which is derived from REHL 6.

This appears to break on anything REHL 6 (or earlier) derived.  I think
this patch needs to be reverted.  Thoughts?

Philip