[llvm-dev] Need some help over here

Gregory Junker via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 26 12:18:22 PST 2017

On 11/24/2017 1:53 PM, Osman Zakir wrote:
> Would it really be a good idea to use that even when I don't necessarily
> want to use Qt?  I do plan to learn how to use Qt at some point, but not
> right now.

Yes, it is a fantastic general-purpose IDE. While it supports QMake (of
course) and CMake projects "natively", you can also import any existing
code. The "kits" (compiler, linker, debugger, etc) can be fully
user-defined (they use the platform tools by default) as can the build
process (so you can invoke MSBuild if you like, for example). The
debugger UI is second only to VS's IMO, and works well with all of the
debuggers I've used with it (gdb, lldb, the Visual Studio debugger). The
IDE itself has all of the features of VAX that I wanted, without the
cost, and its code indexing is excellent as well.