[llvm-dev] PSA: Parallel STL algorithms available in LLVM

Marshall Clow via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 24 17:35:36 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Zachary Turner via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> When you say a "non normative note" does this imply that a library
> implementer would be free to ignore the note?

Yes.
That's what "non-normative" means.

-- Marshall

P.S.  I expect to land all the new algorithms (the non-parallel versions!)
in libc++ this week or next week.

P.P.S.  I would be happy to work with other people on the infastructure for
libc++ that Bryce described. That idea (having a replaceable parallelism
engine that could be replaced by rebuilding libc++) is what I had in mind.