[llvm-dev] I want to update WritingAnLLVMBackend document

陳韋任 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 5 05:12:17 PDT 2017

> 您好 Chen :)
>
> I'm the maintainer for LLVM AVR backend wanted to update
> WritingAnLLVMBackend document. My apologies for the delay in responding.
>
> I respect the document's original authors! Sorry for breaking consistent.
>
> At the very beginning: SparcV8 skeleton https://github.com/llvm-mirror
> /llvm/commit/e785e531f4495068ee46cabd926939eec15a565a#diff-6
> 998035da03f58a8c7e0ac3de7d21276
>
> It was very close to the SPARC target example:
>
> - similar constructor's variables
>
> - similar get*Info methods
>
> But the structure of backends and related components often be changed:
>
> - https://reviews.llvm.org/D30879
>
> - https://reviews.llvm.org/D31875
>
> So doc might be out-of-date, but never mind, I can read the source code
> directly :)

​We all know the document is out-of-date once it has been written. :-) My
thought is you can give
a general guild line, using existing backend as an example. Consistency is
very subjective,
that's why I think you can write up a draft document, explaining what you
want to improve, let
other has a solid base to give comment and feedback.

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)