[llvm-dev] I want to update WritingAnLLVMBackend document

Leslie Zhai via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 4 23:28:21 PDT 2017

您好 Chen :)

I'm the maintainer for LLVM AVR backend wanted to update
WritingAnLLVMBackend document. My apologies for the delay in responding.

I respect the document's original authors! Sorry for breaking consistent.

At the very beginning: SparcV8 skeleton
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/commit/e785e531f4495068ee46cabd926939eec15a565a#diff-6998035da03f58a8c7e0ac3de7d21276

It was very close to the SPARC target example:

- similar constructor's variables

- similar get*Info methods

But the structure of backends and related components often be changed:

- https://reviews.llvm.org/D30879

- https://reviews.llvm.org/D31875

So doc might be out-of-date, but never mind, I can read the source code
directly :)

在 2017年05月03日 20:36, 陳韋任 写道:

--
Regards,