[llvm-dev] CMake Cache PGO error

Timo Janssen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 15 15:09:32 PDT 2017

I was trying to build llvm + clang with cmake cache PGO.cmake and ninja
stage2. I used the 4.0.0 final tag vfrom svn.

This seems to work for me.

I added libcxx, libcxxabi, llld etc.

And now I get the following cmake error.

-- Performing Test LIBCXX_SUPPORTS_STD_EQ_CXX11_FLAG
-- Performing Test LIBCXX_SUPPORTS_STD_EQ_CXX11_FLAG - Failed
CMake Error at projects/libcxx/CMakeLists.txt:396 (message):
  C++11 or greater is required but the compiler does not support c++11

I don't understand the error. Why shouldn't the cxx11 flag work.

I only use cmake -GNInja -C path/to//PGO.cmake  path/to/llvm.

So my Question is if the cache file are still maintained. And if I
shouldn't compile libcxx and the others with this cache file?

Thanks