[llvm-dev] What does it mean by a "DICompileUnit missing from llvm.dgs.cu" ? | Where is the error ?

SANJAY SRIVALLABH SINGAPURAM via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Mar 11 03:10:17 PST 2017

Hello,

One of my Julia programs failed to execute with the following error,
DICompileUnit not listed in llvm.dbg.cu
!11 = distinct !DICompileUnit(language: DW_LANG_C89, file: !3, producer:
"julia", isOptimized: true, runtimeVersion: 0,emissionKind: FullDebug, enums
: !12)

This was generated by verifyModule(*GPUModule,&(llvm::errs())From whithin
PPCGCodeGeneration.cpp in Polly.

>From <llvm_src>/test/Verifier/dbg-orphaned-compileunit.ll, I understand
that the debug info, of a compile unit, represented by !11 is missing from
llvm.dbg.cu.

What does this mean ? What could have caused this problem and how can I fix
it ?

Thank You,
Sanjay