[llvm-dev] The undef story

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 29 02:55:27 PDT 2017

On 06/28/2017 11:46 PM, Peter Lawrence wrote:
> Chandler,
>                I am not a “politically correct” person, never have
> been, never will be.
> If you are waiting for me to make a politically incorrect statement so
> you can jump
> on it, let me assure you that you will never be disappointed.

Peter, let me be perfectly clear: We insist on a certain level of
decorum on this list. You're over the line. We treat each other here
with civility and respect. This is spelled out in more detail in our
code of conduct: http://llvm.org/docs/CodeOfConduct.html

> But if that’s all you do then you and llvm lose out. If you want to
> actually help
> llvm move forward then you should judge what I say based on its merit,
> not on its
> delivery.

That is not our view. There are certain methods of delivery that are
inappropriate. Does this mean that the community might miss out on
technical advancement? Possibly. But we're willing to pay that price.

  -Hal

--
Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility