[llvm-dev] [GlobalISel][AArch64] Toward flipping the switch for O0: Please give it a try!

Kristof Beyls via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 19 05:28:18 PDT 2017

On 19 Jun 2017, at 10:43, Diana Picus via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org<mailto:llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>> wrote:

On 17 June 2017 at 01:43, Quentin Colombet <qcolombet at apple.com<mailto:qcolombet at apple.com>> wrote:
*** Your Help Is Needed ***

- Please share your experience in using the GISel APIs and how we can make
them better. Moving forward we’ll have those conversations on open source
instead of internally/with a narrower audience.
- Report any performance problem you identify
- Propose patches!

While we're at it, these patches could use some review:
* [GlobalISel] combine not symmetric merge/unmerge nodes [1]
* [GlobalISel] Make multi-step legalization work [2] (https://reviews.llvm.org/D32529)

As the author of the above patch, I think this one should be relatively easy to review.

* [GlobalISel] Enable specifying how to legalize non-power-of-2 size
types. [NFC-ish] [3] (https://reviews.llvm.org/D30529)

I'm working on rebasing this one on top of the above patch ("Make multi-step legalization work").
Most of that is done, but I'm still trying to write a better description of what this large patch actually
does, so that it becomes easier to review. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to split that
patch up further in smaller incremental pieces.
I had put this on the back-burner and instead prioritized what was needed to enable GlobalISel
by default. Now that that is not being pushed as hard, I'll start looking again at it.
I hope to have an updated patch with a description that makes review easier towards the end of the week.

Thanks,

Kristof