[llvm-dev] Backend implementation of an architecture having only majority instructions

Sreejita saha via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 3 07:32:57 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I was trying to create an LLVM backend for a processor with a very simple
architecture and that does all instructions like load, store, arithmetic
and logical instructions using a bunch of majority functions. The processor
has only one instruction(majority function) in its ISA and breaks down all
other instructions into a number of majority instructions depending on what
instruction it is. All the instructions have different combinations of
majority operations. Is there any way to implement this without creating a
new Selection DAG node for the majority operation? Also can i create a
selection DAG node in the backend instruction info itself? If so then how?

I was thinking of creation of a new Selection DAG node and mapping all the
other instructions like loads, stores as pseudo instructions and breaking
them up. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks!

Sreejita