[llvm-dev] error:Ran out of lanemask bits to represent subregisterr

hameeza ahmed via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 19 14:47:00 PDT 2017

I have made changes in 3 files:
LaneBitmask.h, codegenregisters.cpp and miparser.cpp. files are attached
here.

Now i am getting following errors. which means registerinfo.inc file is not
generated successfully.

/PIM/lib/Target/X86/MCTargetDesc/X86BaseInfo.h:733:24: error:
      no member named 'XMM8' in namespace 'llvm::X86'
    if ((RegNo >= X86::XMM8 && RegNo <= X86::XMM31) ||

fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
20 errors generated.

When i comment out the line to construct 65536 bit register in
registerinfo.td. it run fine.

What to do?