[llvm-dev] moving libfuzzer to compiler-rt?

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 12 11:33:00 PDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:30 AM, George Karpenkov via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I already forgot why we decided not to move the code to compiler-rt.
>
> This would solve at least this problem.
> Since we now have -fsanitize=fuzzer it will actually be pretty natural.
>

> Licensing concerns, compiler-rt has a different license.
>
> BTW libFuzzer CMake has a crazy amount of hacks to work under Windows,
> where logic in many parts
> is entirely different, so any help on testing and fixing arising issues
> would be much appreciated.
> All I can do is to make a commit and then try to understand the response
> from a bots,
> which is not very efficient.

I got volunteered to help with that, I'll try your patch.

There's more stuff to unpack in the rest of your email, though. I'd really
rather go to compiler-rt instead of runtimes. runtimes seems like it's
going the opposite direction from the monorepo efforts.