[llvm-dev] Git Transition status?

James Y Knight via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 13 13:57:13 PST 2017

I've been working on some scripting for re-converting the svn repository
into git.

The existing git conversions are entirely sufficient for day-to-day
development purposes, but not up to the standard (at least, *my* standard)
for replacing svn as the authoritative source repository. For one example,
clang.git doesn't actually go back to the first commit of clang, because
weird stuff happened early in the svn history that threw off git-svn.

Here's my work in progress, but there's still more work to be done:
https://github.com/jyknight/llvm-git-migration
<https://github.com/jyknight/llvm-monorepo> (conversion scripts)
https://github.com/jyknight/llvm-monorepo (test repository)