[llvm-dev] Clang 5.0 support for armv8 64 bit with neon and auto vectorization

Haider Zeeshan (CC/ESM1) via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 3 00:48:11 PST 2017

Hi there,

I am Software product developer at Robert Bosch, Germany.

We are using armv8 64bit targets for our development. We have the need to do the cross compiling for our target on windows. I have compiled clang 5.0 from the vcs git. I have tried compiling the code with following options set:

clang.exe -target armv8 -fslp-vectorize-aggressive  -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -c test.cpp

As you can see in the options, we require neon feature as well as auto vectorizations on armv8 (64 bit). Can you tell me that is it true that clang supports neon and auto vectorizations with 64bit arm v8 architecture?

This setting says that neon is not in support, Can you explain why? As of my understanding, arm v8 is a 64 bit architecture!
clang.exe -target arm64 -fslp-vectorize-aggressive  -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -c test.cpp

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Zeeshan Haider

Chassis Systems Control, Engineering Software Coordination, Software Mainstream Management, Methods Group 1 (CC/ESM1)
Robert Bosch GmbH | Postfach 16 61 | 71226 Leonberg | GERMANY | www.bosch.com<http://www.bosch.com/>
Tel. +49(711)811-47379 | Fax +49(711)811-0 | Zeeshan.Haider at de.bosch.com<mailto:Zeeshan.Haider at de.bosch.com>

Sitz: Stuttgart, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14000;
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Franz Fehrenbach; Geschäftsführung: Dr. Volkmar Denner,
Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Dr. Rolf Bulander, Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Markus Heyn, Dr. Dirk Hoheisel,
Christoph Kübel, Uwe Raschke, Dr. Werner Struth, Peter Tyroller