[llvm-dev] Mischeduler: Unknown reason for peak register pressure increase

Kerbow, Austin Michael via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 11 22:56:52 PDT 2017

I am working on a project where we are integrating an existing pre-RA scheduler into LLVM and we are trying to match our peak register pressure values with the machine instruction schedulers values while using X86. I am finding some mismatches in test cases like the one attached. The registers "AH" and "AL" are live-out but not live-in and I don't see that they are defined in the block when walking through the operands for these instructions. The peak pressure printouts from ScheduleDAGMILive look like they are accounting for AH and AL being live because the corresponding pressure sets for these register classes are increased. In the mischeduler is there a way to discover that these two registers may be contributing to peak pressure in the block?

Thanks,

Austin Kerbow