[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] FE_INEXACT being set for an exact conversion from float to unsigned long long

Kaylor, Andrew via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 20 15:36:27 PDT 2017

The current idea is that when we want FENV_ACCESS on, we’ll replace all FP operations with intrinsics.   That way they will initially be opaque to all optimizations (except for some hints we can provide with attributes) and so more or less all optimizations will be disabled for these operations (but will still work normally for everything else).  Then after everything is functionally complete with that approach, we’ll go back and teach relevant optimizations to handle the intrinisics so that we can re-enable select optimizations in ways that don’t violate the FENV_ACCESS restrictions.

-Andy