[llvm-dev] Debugging Docs and llvm.org/docs/

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 3 05:51:32 PDT 2017

> On 3 Apr 2017, at 22:47, Alex Denisov <1101.debian at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The HTML generated using sphinx[1].
> At the bottom of each page you can see actual version of sphinx used to generate this page.

Thanks -- interesting that the docs haven't been updated since March 15th:

© Copyright 2003-2017, LLVM Project. Last updated on 2017-03-16. Created using Sphinx 1.4.5.

>> - How should I best debug whether the docs (in RST) are syntactically correct? Are there recommended practices for doing a sanity check on the docs?
>
> Just run correct version of sphinx locally and check whether everything is correct.

I see -- nothing part of the CMake build, say "check-docs" that would do this?

Cool -- is this cron job running on the llvm.org <http://llvm.org/> server itself, or somewhere else?

> CC’ing Renato in case I missed something.

Thanks, Alex!

>> On 3. Apr 2017, at 14:33, Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi -- I've recently added some documentation to the LLVM docs subdirectory, and was wondering about a couple of things:
>>
>> - How should I best debug whether the docs (in RST) are syntactically correct? Are there recommended practices for doing a sanity check on the docs?
>> - How often do the documents get built and uploaded to the website?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> -- Dean

> [1] http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/
>
> --