[llvm-dev] how to allocate consecutive register?

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 9 13:23:53 PDT 2016

There are other CPUs with similar restrictions. You could look at how they
handle it. An example which springs to mind is ARM A32 LDRD and STRD
(load/store two consecutive registers). I think some other architectures do
the same for operations which return two results, such as div/mod or
NxN->2N multiply.