[llvm-dev] unable to compile llvm with gcc 4.7.4

Sylvain Bertrand via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 17 04:02:54 PDT 2016

Hi,

The problem is modern c++. I can have a reasonable system boostrape-ed
with (tinycc/alternative C compiler), but only in the gcc world since
a modern c++ compiler is only bootsrape-able from near any C compiler
there. clang and llvm are unable to do it. That why I would need to
get 2 gccs: "any C compiler" -> gcc 4.7.4 -> gcc recent_version ->
llvm.