[llvm-dev] unable to compile llvm with gcc 4.7.4

Michael Kuperstein via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 11 13:46:35 PDT 2016

To the best of my understanding - because we want to be able to bootstrap
clang with the system compiler that ships with various linux and BSD
distributions.
Windows has no equivalent concept.

(This is probably not a good enough reason to keep GCC 4.7 support, but it
apparently is for GCC 4.8).

Michael