[llvm-dev] AST of whole program

Anil Altinay via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 4 17:50:03 PDT 2016

Hello,

I would like to do transformations on AST of a c program but I need to have
access to all ASTs created for the program to do right changes. LLVM
processes one translation unit at a time and because of it, I do not have
access to AST of all the translation units at the same time. Do you have
any suggestion how I can access all the ASTs created for a program, do
analysis on the ASTs and do modifications on the ASTs?

As a summary:

   1. I need to have access to ASTs of the program at the same time.
   2. Do analysis on ASTs.
   3. Modify ASTs based on my analysis and create llvm IR from modified
   ASTs.

Thank you,
Anil