[llvm-dev] X86 backend code ownership

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 10 21:19:41 PST 2016

> On Nov 10, 2016, at 5:33 PM, Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> As a final point, I think there are very few (if any) people who have deep knowledge of *all* of the x86 backend at this point. Being a code owner shouldn't be predicated on that. Whomever it is can always reach out to the other major contributors to other parts of the backend as necessary.

I agree.  Craig, if you’re willing to carry the burden of code review and delegate to others who are more experienced in areas that you’re not familiar with, then I have absolutely no concerns.  Assuming no other strong objections show up in the next 24 hours, please update CODE_OWNERS.txt - congrats!

-Chris