[llvm-dev] noalias attribute in LLVM/clang 3.9?

Phil Tomson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 9 17:18:26 PST 2016

I see in the docs that there is supposed to be a noalias attribute in LLVM
3.9 (
http://llvm.org/releases/3.9.0/tools/clang/docs/AttributeReference.html#noalias),
however, when I try to use it I get an error. Part of the source:

typedef double InArray[DIM][DIM];

//void f1( InArray, const InArray, const InArray) __attribute((noalias));
void f1( InArray c, const InArray a, const InArray b )
__attribute__((noalias))
{

When I compile with clang, I get:

ma.c:17:72: warning: unknown attribute 'noalias' ignored
[-Wunknown-attributes]
void f1( InArray c, const InArray a, const InArray b )
__attribute__((noalias))

Just to make sure I'm running 3.9:

$ clang --version
clang version 3.9.0 (tags/RELEASE_390/final)

What's happening here?

Phil