[llvm-dev] Live interval analysis on LLVM IR (not on Machine instructions)

Das, Dibyendu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 21 09:15:29 PDT 2016

You can use:
http://www.rw.cdl.uni-saarland.de/~grund/papers/cgo08-liveness.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: llvm-dev [mailto:llvm-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org] On Behalf Of Alex Susu via llvm-dev
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2016 9:39 PM
To: llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Subject: [llvm-dev] Live interval analysis on LLVM IR (not on Machine instructions)

   Hello.
     Could you please tell me how can I implement best a live interval analysis on LLVM IR (not on Machine instructions, which is already available in http://llvm.org/docs/doxygen/html/LiveIntervalAnalysis_8cpp_source.html)?
     I need to analyze the standard LLVM IR (list of Instruction *) and decide for each SSA variable what is it's live(ness) interval. My problem is that I don't even know of an existing general Dataflow analysis algorithm implementation for LLVM IR.

   Thank you,
     Alex