[llvm-dev] [RFC] Helping release management

Quentin Colombet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 18 09:32:03 PDT 2016

Hi Renato,

>>> People out of the system will never care. People in the system that
>>> get things slightly wrong will be very annoyed.
>>
>> Why?
>
> I said above: people trying to do one thing and the script
> interpreting as another will create more extra work for those that
> wanted none.
>
> The way you describe your tool seems like a very personal way of
> working. I imagine you find it very helpful (we have our own set of
> scripts at Linaro), but making a personal style into the policy & an
> SVN hook is pushing a bit too far, IMHO.

Indeed, if this is how it is perceived, I won’t push it forward. I was trying to provide a mechanism for Jim’s proposal of filing a PR for every fixes that was not too heavy on the user.

Anyhow, I have to read the thread again to see how the hooks ideas were pushed and see what is actually achievable.

Just to make sure I got essence of what you said, the patch I suggested for the commit message policy is not good to you, right?

Cheers,
-Quentin