[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 07:52:36 PDT 2016

I won't disagree about a level of professionalism or what the
community does or doesn't need. However, I'd say that pragmatically if
profanity was an issue in the workplace, for a large development
community, that LKML would have run afoul a long time ago.

My view -
I'm only replying because the reality is that in the workplace
sometimes a full lexicon of words are spoken. I really don't like
being censored just to coddle overly sensitive people. Context...

This big discussion is started, but how will it conclude - would
someone just take action.

I don't like Chanlder's wall of text, because it doesn't seem simple
enough - should I draft up an alternative for review? I'd highly favor
common sense and super simple