[llvm-dev] [GSoC 2016] Proposal: CFL-AA by default

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 25 11:47:09 PDT 2016

On 3/25/16 1:08 PM, Jia Chen wrote:
> Oops thanks for the reminder. I did use another email address and am
> terribly sorry for it.

Are you working in Calvin Lin's group at Austin?

> Let me just post the link:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kvepb-v5Ta8ug_lLK1kZeexPNlpvj62K5iIF0fMuLyM/edit?usp=sharing

There are a few suggestions that I would make:

 1. Quantify the number of cfl-aa bugs that exist, provided that doing
    so is possible and relatively a low amount of work.  It's not clear
    how substantial the project is without knowing just how broken
    cfl-aa is.
 2. Mention that you will either add more functionality tests or
    regression tests as part of your work.
 3. Can you expand on your involvement with the two projects listed in
    your biography?  What was your role in the Anderson's points-to
    analysis?  I thought Ben Hardekopf did most of the work on that
    project.  Was this follow-up work, a separate implementation, or
    something else?  As for the taint tracker, you should clarify
    whether it was static or dynamic (or a hybrid) and explain for what
    it was used.

Regards,

John Criswell

--