[llvm-dev] Need help with code generation

Rafael EspĂ­ndola via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 21 16:37:14 PDT 2016

llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

>> On Mar 21, 2016 6:00 PM, "Lang Hames via llvm-dev" <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > My understanding of the earlier thread is that it ended with "We agree
to disagree for now, and (potentially) revisit this later".

>> > I'm not interested in starting any new discussions at the moment, but
I want to make sure we avoid the echo chamber effect too, so: The position
of the mach-o tool developers is that crashing on malformed input should be
considered a bug, and to that end we're working to improve our error
detection and reporting.

>> Are you guys fixing llvm to also not crash on invalid input?
>

> I believe the IR verifier already complains on such cases.

Not even close. Not the example in my other email.

Cheers,
Rafael