[llvm-dev] EuroLLVM BoF: LLVM on PowerPC and SystemZ

Ulrich Weigand via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 11 06:16:56 PST 2016

This Birds of a Feather session is intended to bring together
developers and users interested in LLVM on the two IBM platforms
PowerPC and SystemZ.

We'll give a quick status update and report on what we've been
recently working on in the IBM LLVM team, as well as give a brief
outlook on future plans.

However, most of the time should be spent on YOUR feedback.
We're very interested to hear both from users of LLVM on the
platforms and from developers working to support LLVM or the
larger ecosystem on our platforms.

Do you have any success (or failure!) stories you can share about
using LLVM on PowerPC or SystemZ?

Is your favorite LLVM feature still unsupported on the platform?
Do you have any other requirement that would help you achieve
your goals?  Let us know, to help us prioritize future work.

Example topics for discussion include:

* Status of platform support in the two LLVM back ends:
feature completeness, architecture support, performance, ...

* Platform support in other parts of the overall LLVM portfolio:
LLD, LLDB, sanitizers, ...

* Support for new languages and other emerging use cases:
Swift, Rust, Impala, ...

* Any other features currently in development for the platform(s)

* User experiences on the platform(s), additional requirements

Looking forward to meeting you in Barcelona!

Bye,
Ulrich

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand