[llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] Sequential ID Git hook

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 30 09:48:37 PDT 2016

On 30 June 2016 at 17:33, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:
> Agreed, the llvm-project repository can completely take on the role of the
> SQL database in Renato's proposal.

Hum, doing it in a separate server was suggested by the GitHub folks,
so I just assumed they can't do that in the umbrella project for some
reason.

I'm all for using the umbrella if we can, I just though we couldn't... :(

Can someone try the suggested tag style? Are we sure we can guarantee
atomicity in there? I know SQL can. :)

I know that changing the commit message works because of Gerrit and
our current SVN integration, I don't know how much adding one tag for
each push will work in Git over time.

cheers,
--renato