[llvm-dev] How to traverse llvm DAG for analysis

Raul Garcia via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 27 08:03:24 PDT 2016

Hello All,

I would like your help to learn how to traverse an LLVM DAG and perform some analysis. I know that llc can be used to view a DAG, but I would like to manipulate them. In particular I'm interested in the instruction selection and the scheduling DAGs.

I have read the documentation about writing an analysis pass and I know how to traverse a basic block on a LLVM IR assembly file, but I don't know how to do the same for a scheduled DAG.

Could you tell me:

-How are the DAGs generated? Where is the source code that implement this functionality?
-Is there an example to traverse a DAG with selected/scheduled instructions?

Regards,
Raul.