[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] GitHub anyone?

Craig, Ben via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 3 06:46:02 PDT 2016

> No matter what, once you push your branch and make it public, anyone
> could pull it and then rewriting history gets trickier.  IME it's best
> to avoid doing that as much as possible.
If we have automation that looks at public topic branches (possibly
because of a github pull request), then people will start making
branches public sooner rather than later.  That's when we start getting
into fixup territory.

If we don't put any of that automation in place, and we only run tests
post-commit, then yeah, I think that keeping changes private as long as
possible is probably best.