[llvm-dev] Target Acceptance Policy

Eli Bendersky via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 29 09:50:47 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 5:41 AM, Renato Golin via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 29 July 2016 at 12:16, Andrey Bokhanko <andreybokhanko at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 1) Leave the wording as is, and make Lanai an official back-end no
> earlier
> > than Sep 28th.
>
> I don't want to *have* to do that just because we introduced a policy
> after the Lanai back-end started the process...
>
> And making Lanai official just before the policy goes public would be
> cheeky. :)

While I think the 6-month mark is artificial (what's wrong about a vague
"several months"? these are policies/guidelines, not legal contracts), FWIW
we (Lanai maintainers) don't particularly mind to wait until Sep 28 if
that's deemed important by the community. There's no rush, and we don't
request any special-casing here.

Eli